SSC CHSL Descriptive Test Syllabus: The term SSC refers to the Staff Selection Commission. It is nothing but the recruitment examination which is conducted every academic year without fail. In this exam, many candidates are cleared out and seated in various postings. This basis for the examination is for the students who have passed their school level.Thus there will be huge competition with this examination. And the examination will also conduct for various postings to the candidates. Hence, they can expect huge vacancies available for the examination. The postings such as Lower Divisional Clerk, Data Entry Operator and Postal /Sorting Assistant posts are available in this examination.
Important Link: SSC CHSL Descriptive Paper Result & Cut Off Marks 2018
SSC CHSL Descriptive Test Syllabus -2018
The official site of this examination is http://ssc.nic.in/. In this official site, the candidate can get any kind of notification regarding the examination. And they can also get the detail about the exams on the official website itself. They have to apply for the examination once they get the notification for the exam application. It may be applied either by online or offline methods.
But before applying to the exam, they have to know about the eligibility criteria, selection procedure, salary details and the vacancies available for each post. It will be helpful to know about the exam in detail.
Here, the SSC CHSL examination will have a test called descriptive test. This will be conducted only who have applied for the LDC and DEO. The candidates will be shortlisted due to this descriptive examination. This descriptive examination for SSC CHSL is nothing but the written examination. The descriptive examination will be possible only when the candidates are registered for the exam.
The candidates will provide the admit card to write the descriptive examination. Before writing the examination, they have to know about the details such as pattern and the syllabus.
Important Link: SSC CHSL English Syllabus and Pattern 2018
Latest SSC CHSL Descriptive Test Syllabus 2018
The SSC CHSL descriptive Test Syllabus for exam patterns are specified as follows.
- The duration of the examination is 2 hours.
- There are 200 questions are framed in the question paper.
- Each question carries a single mark.
- 25 negative marking for every wrong answers.
- The examination will be set in both English and Hindi language.
- There are four major sections are followed to frame the questions.
The four major sections are as follows.
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- English Language
- General Awareness
- Quantitative Aptitude
Here, each section has 50 questions each. The students have to complete each section without fail.
General Intelligence and Reasoning Descriptive Test Syllabus
In this session, they will have both verbal and nonverbal type. That is, the logical based questions will be framed inside this section. They are semantic analogy, symbolic operations. Number/symbolic analogy, trends, figure analogy, space orientation, semantic classification, embedded figures, coding and decoding, punched hole/pattern-folding & unfolding and several other topics are involved under this reasoning pattern.
Important Link: SSC CHSL GK & GS Syllabus- Get Full Detail
English Language Desp
Here, they will come across common language based questions. The candidates will be checked with their language knowledge under this category. This section involves, synonyms/homonyms, antonyms, spellings/detecting miss-spelt words, idioms & phrases, shuffling of sentence parts, shuffling of sentence in passage, cloze passage, one word substitution, active/passive voice verbs, conversion into direct / indirect narration, improvement of sentences and several more topics.
General Awareness Descriptive Test Descriptive Test for ssc chsl
In this section, the candidate has to cover with three major portions. They are as follows.
- General affairs
- Current affairs
- National news
In general and current affairs, they have to look after both inside and outside the country. But in the national news, they can look after only the inside of the country. This will be somewhat tough to the candidates. The reason is that, they have to update with all happening every now and then. Only then they can able to score huge marks in this section.
Quantitative Aptitude Descriptive Test for ssc chsl
Here, the quantitative aptitude is nothing but the mathematical section. In this section, the candidates can expect huge numbers of mathematical questions. The section involves are as follows.
- Fundamental arithmetic operations
Now, we are going to have a detailed explanation for the above portion in the quantitative aptitude.
- Arithmetic – Here, number systems such as computation of whole numbers, decimal and fractions, relationship between numbers are involved.
- Fundamental arithmetic operations – In this, percentage, ration and proportion, square roots, averages, interest calculation, profit and loss, discount, partnership business, mixture and allegation, time and distance, time and work.
- Algebra – Here, the basic algebraic identities of school algebra and elementary surds, graphs of linear equations.
- Geometry – In the geometry, triangle and various kinds of centers, congruence and similarity of triangles, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
- Menstruation – In this section, the triangle, circle, quadrilaterals, right prism and several other angles are measured. They have to know the formulas used to calculate the angles in the given figures.
- Trigonometry – Here, trigonometric ratios, complementary angles, heights and distances, standard identities like sin, cos, tan and several other angles.
As We Have Mentioned Descriptive Test syllabus for ssc chsl Exam Please Follow above points and preapre well for your Upcoming Exam.
Important Link : SSC CHSL Syllabus in Hindi All Subjects 2018